Partner's pension

If you have a partner, he or she may be entitled to a partner’s pension in the event of your predecease. The same applies in a legally registered partnership. It may also be the case that you are not married but are living together with a partner, and have concluded a cohabitation agreement before a civil-law notary. If you have enrolled your partner with the Pension Fund, he may be entitled to a partner’s pension in the event of your predecease.

On the pension statement, which you receive each year in July, you can see if you are eligible for a partner's pension. On this pension statement you can also view the amount of the partner's pension.

Supplementary partner's pension

If your partner has not reached the AOW age, as it applies on the retirement date, at the time of your predecease, he or she may be entitled to a supplementary partner’s pension. The supplementary partner’s pension ends from the first day of the month in which your partner reaches the AOW age as it applies on the retirement date, or at the latest on your pension date according to the regulations.

Orphan's pension

If you have children at the time of your decease, they will receive an orphan’s pension until they reach the age of 18 years. For as long as your child is attending a course of study, he will continue to receive this pension until the end of the month of August following his 24th birthday.

The orphan’s pension is 14% of the sum total of partner’s pension and partner’s supplementary pension. Full orphans (both of whose parents have died) receive double this amount.

Survivor's Benefits Act (Anw)

In the event of your predecease, surviving dependants are in some cases also eligible for government benefits under the Dutch National Survivor's Benefits Act (Algemene nabestaandenwet, Nabestaandenuitkering Anw). You can find more information about this on the website of the Social Insurance Bank (Sociale Verzekeringsbank). See 'useful links'.

More in Changes in your work situation or private life

New employer

If you have left Shell employment to work for a new employer, you might want to transfer your pension entitlements from Shell to that new employer.