You receive a partner's pension. Your pension ends in the event of your decease. Within The Netherlands, the municipality notifies the Pension Fund immediately on the death of a pension beneficiary. Dependants are not required to contact the Pension Fund in this regard.

Howevere, if you are living abroad, the Pension Fund needs to be notified in the event of your decease.

Pension beneficiaries who live abroad receive requests from the Pension Fund to provide proof that they are alive ('attesta de vita' or: certificate of life).

The section about moving house/change of address contains more information about living abroad and the certificate of life, via the link below.

More in You receive a partner's pension

AOW and other benefits

If you receive a partner's pension, a number of things may change when you become eligible for the AOW benefit.