About my pension

How is my pension adjusted when the prices rise?

You can read how your pension is adjusted (index-linked) in the brochure 'Indexation of pensions'. The main principles of the Indexation policy can be found elsewhere on this site or via the following link.

I am entitled to a foreign state pension. What does this mean? 

You may have accrued an entitlement to a foreign state pension. This may be the case if you participated mandatorily in a foreign state pension scheme while your partner was working for Shell abroad.

If you are entitled to a foreign state pension, the Pension Fund will notify you in writing in good time regarding when, where and how you are required to apply for this pension.

At what age will my state pension start?

Follow this link to find out your state retirement age: http://www.checkuwaowleeftijd.nl/

(available in Dutch only)

What will happen if...?

....I plan to start work again: will this have any consequences for my pension? 

If you receive a partner’s pension and enter (salaried) employment, no changes will be effected in respect of your pension. There may be consequences for your tax situation. The website of the Dutch Tax Authority (Belastingdienst) contains more information about this.

....I have also accrued other pension entitlements: what should I do when these entitlements commence?

You may have accrued other pension entitlements in addition to your Shell pension. You must submit an application to receive this other pension yourself in good time before your entitlement to that pension enters into effect.

Where can I find information

I need a statement of income. What should I do?

You may require a statement of income from the Pension Fund, for example if you wish to take out a mortgage. In that case, please contact the Pension Administration and Information department. The department’s staff can access your pension data and will be pleased to assist you.

I don’t know whether I’ve accrued any other pension entitlements. Whom should I contact about this?

If you no longer know whether you have accrued any other pension entitlements with a previous employer in The Netherlands, the (Dutch only) site of the Pension Register(Pensioenregister) provides one simple overview.

How will I be informed?

All news items and publications can be found on the website.

You receive a personal pension summary in July of each year, containing the relevant data about your pension and any adjustments made.

In June or July of each year you receive a brochure with a summary of the activities in the past year and the key figures.

Finally, all pension beneficiaries receive 'Voeksnieuws'. This publication contains important announcements from the Pension Fund for pension beneficiaries.

Whom can I contact if I have specific questions about my pension? 

There are various ways in which you can contact us with your questions or comments.

Whom can I contact if I have questions about gross/net calculations? 

The website of the Tax Authority (Belastingdienst) contains a ‘green table’ (groene tabel)setting out the levies applied to your gross pension payments.

Whom can I contact if I have questions about AOW benefits? 

Please contact the Social Insurance Bank (Sociale Verzekeringsbank, SVB) with questions about AOW benefits.

You can visit the different external websites mentioned on this page via 'useful links'.

More in You receive a partner's pension

AOW and other benefits

If you receive a partner's pension, a number of things may change when you become eligible for the AOW benefit.